Teeth Whitening treatment has never been popular like it is today. It is now a very popular cosmetic treatment choice to deliver the missing shine in those pearly whites. Also, it keeps oral health and overall well-being intact.
Teeth Whitening consists of removing stubborn stains formed through plaque, tartar and discoloration on the surface of teeth. It transforms your aesthetic appearance, confidence to smile, opens new opportunities and transforms quality of life. A smile is contagious and can go a long way to improve how patients look and feel about themselves. Alongside this, there are some interesting facts about teeth whitening that you probably weren’t aware of before.
The Five Interesting Facts
Let’s take a look at five interesting facts about teeth whitening.
- Teeth Whitening Does No Long-Term Damage – Some patients believe that the underlying enamel can get damaged in the long-run the more they receive teeth whitening treatment. The chemicals open pores to remove any stubborn stains. After a few days, the shine will nourish.
- Over-The-Counter Whitening Strips Are Unsafe – Teeth Whitening strips may be an effective short-term solution for whiter teeth. However, the chemicals used are unknown. Although easily accessible, the range of products aren’t considered safe. It also doesn’t offer the long-term effects that in-chair teeth whitening provides.
- Sensitivity Is Common – After teeth whitening treatment, there are small side-effects that you should be aware of and one of them is sensitivity. Teeth whitening penetrates the enamel irritates the nerve. This feeling is only expected to last a few days post-treatment and the dentist should warn you of this before or during treatment. However, the side-effects are harmless.
- The Results Are Long-Term – Compared to teeth whitening strips, where the results are only expected to last a few weeks, professional teeth whitening will last for longer. However, it is important that you adopt positive oral health habits and subtle lifestyle changes to ensure you can smile for longer. Limit consumption of dark foods and beverages where possible to maintain that shine.
- Veneers and Crowns Cannot Be Whitened – Teeth Whitening treatment caters for natural teeth only. The pores cannot absorb whitening effects through cosmetic treatments such as dental veneers and dental crowns. To keep dental veneers and crowns clean, continue to brush and floss regularly as advised by your dentist.
Read the five reasons why you shiould consider teeth whitening treatment
Managing the shine on your teeth takes patience and dedication. With good oral health, a positive hygiene routine and clear food habits, your teeth will shine for longer.
Are you considering teeth whitening treatment? Mentone Dentist look forward to welcoming you to transform your smile. Book an appointment by contacting us here.