There are a plethora of teeth whitening options available to lighten the shade of your smile to show off those pearly whites. One of the more popular options is teeth whitening. Sometimes, even a strong oral routine at home cannot keep away niggling stains and imperfections that damage your smiling confidence. The missing ingredient is visiting the dentist for not just dental cleaning but to check yourself in for teeth whitening.
Specifically, we’re talking about laser teeth whitening, one of the more common choices to transform those pearly whites.
What Is Laser Teeth Whitening and What Does It Involve?
Laser teeth whitening is a conservative form of treatment that improves the look and feel of your smile by lightening the shade of your teeth whilst removing any stubborn stains. An attractive smile goes a long way to how positive you feel, and laser teeth whitening produces faster and more effective results by activating chemicals in the special whitening gel with the laser. The light functions to produce heat to speed up the results.
What Are The Pros and Cons of Laser Teeth Whitening?
To give you a better understanding of all things laser teeth whitening, let’s break down the pros and cons for you.
Pros of Laser Teeth Whitening
- Fast Results – The whitening results are usually seen within hours of the procedure, and the results can be as much as ten shades lighter in terms of whiteness.
- Non-Invasive – Laser teeth whitening is a non-invasive procedure, meaning that there would be no impact on your tooth structure or underlying tissue when applying the bleaching gel.
- Removes Stains – If you’re seeking fast results to limit those niggling stains off of your teeth, laser teeth whitening can break these down quickly.
- A Professional Choice – Laser teeth whitening is performed by experienced dental professionals, which means you can guarantee speed and safety for your smile.
- One Appointment – Laser teeth whitening treatment is typically completed within just one hour, meaning that you’ll be in and out in no time with different results.
Cons of Laser Teeth Whitening
To help you make the right decision, it is also important to highlight some cons which may impact you.
- Expensive – There are many teeth whitening options available, but laser teeth whitening is more expensive than other options the affordability and its worth can be discussed with the dentist to determine if it’s worth paying for.
- Teeth Sensitivity – You may likely experience teeth sensitivity and gum irritation after treatment. This is expected to last a day or two until the whitening gel settles and adjusts.
- Follow-Up Sessions – Although laser teeth whitening treatment is completed within a single appointment, the dentist would recommend that you attend follow-up sessions to maintain or top up the whiteness of your teeth. This may initiate an additional cost for this.
- The Results Aren’t Permanent – The results of laser teeth whitening might well be attractive, but they do not last forever. It is important that carry out strong oral hygiene routines that include making the right food choices to avoid stains appearing on your teeth again.
Are you interested in laser teeth whitening for lightning-fast results? Then consult your local dentist for an initial examination to determine if laser teeth whitening is right for you. Get in touch today!