When you get braces, there are many things to worry about: Will they hurt? What will my teeth look like when they’re done? But one of the enormous concerns for many people is how to keep their smile looking great while wearing braces. In this post, we’ll share tips on getting rid of braces stains. Keep reading to learn more!
- A whitening gel or toothpaste can help break down the discolouration and make your teeth appear brighter and whiter. In addition, regular brushing will help to remove any staining that has already built up on your teeth.
- One special way to prevent braces stains is with a process called remineralisation. This involves using a special toothpaste or mouthwash that contains calcium and phosphates. These minerals help to repair enamel and make it more resistant to staining. In addition, remineralisation can also help to reduce the risk of cavities.
- Suppose your braces are starting to show some wear and tear, or you want to get rid of any existing stains. In that scenario, you may want to consider composite restoration. This braces treatment involves bonding a new, tooth-coloured composite material to the existing brackets and wires. Composite restoration can help brighten your smile and give you the confidence to show off your beautiful braces. In addition, it can help extend your braces’ life and prevent future staining. If you’re interested in learning more about composite restoration, don’t hesitate to contact our office to schedule an appointment. We would be happy to address any of your questions and help you achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve.
- Traditional teeth whitening methods, such as bleaching, are often ineffective in removing these stains. However, a new treatment called microabrasion can help get rid of braces stains quickly and effectively. Microabrasion uses a fine abrasive to remove the outer layer of the tooth enamel, revealing the brighter, whiter layer underneath. The treatment is safe and does not damage the tooth. In most cases, just one or two sessions are needed to achieve noticeably whiter teeth. If you are aiming for an effective way to get rid of braces stains, ask your dentist about microabrasion.
- One option is to get veneers. Veneers are thin, customised shells bonded to the front of your teeth. They can be prepared from porcelain or composite material, which is an effective way to cover up any existing stains on your teeth. Veneers are also stain-resistant, so you won’t have to worry about them becoming discoloured over time. If you’re interested in getting veneers, talk to your orthodontist or dentist about whether they’re right for you.
How to prevent braces stains
A few things can be done to help prevent this from happening:
- Brushing the teeth regularly, especially after eating or drinking anything that might cause staining, is essential.
- Using a mouthwash that contains fluoride can also help to reduce staining.
- Some special tubes of toothpaste and gels prevent staining from braces.
If you wear braces, talk to your dentist about which products might suit you.
At Parkdale Family Dental, we know that braces can be a hassle. From the food restrictions to the constant cleaning, it seems like there’s always something to worry about. But one of the biggest concerns for many patients is keeping their teeth clean and healthy – especially when removing braces stains. Thankfully, we have some tips for you! Please keep reading for our best advice on maintaining your bright smile while wearing braces. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we would be happy to help!