Having a beautiful smile is everyone’s dream, but it could not be the only reason you would like to correct the alignment of your teeth. Problems like crowded or crooked teeth can lead to periodontal health concerns or jaw positioning issues. Teeth alignment can change the life of many people, and therefore, Invisalign has become a great option compared to old-fashioned metal braces.
If you are interested in Invisalign, you must wonder how it works and whether it is the right option for you. This article will give you more information about Invisalign.
What is the Invisalign Treatment Process?
At the start of the Invisalign treatment, the most crucial thing is confirmation from your dentist whether you can be treated. The following few steps will be helpful for you to understand how Invisalign work.
- Your consultation with the orthodontist and scans is one of the main steps. The orthodontist evaluates your situation and then makes a plan. For this, he has to take x-rays and digital scans of your jaws.
- Now your orthodontist will take the impressions of the teeth. The prints create plastic trays, which are used throughout the treatment.
- In the next appointment, you will be getting your aligners. The dentist will give you instructions on how to wear the trays. Your treatment plan will generally last between 6 to 18 months, and you can have a lisp because the tongue can take time to adjust to the aligners.
- After the treatment, you have to visit the dentist regularly. Regular checkups ensure the aligners are working and the teeth are moving in the correct direction. This way, the dentist can determine when you can switch to the next set of aligners.
- You may need more refinements or aligners to get the ideal smile. Retainers can also be recommended to prevent the teeth from shifting back once you are done with the treatment.
Is Invisalign an Effective Treatment?
Over the past few years, Invisalign has become a very effective treatment because the aligner trays can be compatible with the majority of shapes and sizes of teeth. The best thing about Invisalign is that it is capable of fixing the majority of bite and teeth alignment issues without any interruption. The following are some of the significant problems that it can cure.
- Gap teeth
- Open bite
- Misaligned teeth
- Crowded teeth
Why Invisalign is a Better Option?
- It is Removable
You can remove these clear aligners when eating or brushing your teeth. Invisalign allows you to eat every type of food, and you don’t need to change your brushing habits. In comparison, you may need thread floss under the archwire of braces between each tooth.
- It is Invisible
Another advantage of a clear aligner is that it becomes challenging to notice others. It doesn’t affect your speech or doesn’t fit snugly to the teeth. Many people prefer it as compared to metal braces.
- It is Comfortable
Invisalign is made of smooth plastic, so it will not irritate your lips or cheeks. How does Invisalign work? Its function is quite simple. It moves your teeth gently without pain than traditional braces.
Try Invisalign at Parkdale VIC, 3195, Australia
Are you planning to get Invisalign for yourself or the child? Parkdale Family Dental offers the best Invisalign treatment for teens and adults. You will be able to see the outcome if you are the right candidate, but you need to follow the recommendations of our dental staff for treatment and wearing the aligners.
Call us today to know how Invisalign works or request an appointment. Parkdale Family Dental looks forward to helping you transform your smile.